What you don’t know can hurt you. Specifically, if you are not aware of bad bills in our own state, you may be in for an unpleasant surprise. We all need to know what bills we need to fight. So put a reminder in your calendar to do the following search regularly. If you find a bad bill, make a call and write a letter! Don’t wait for someone to do it for you or tell you. This is especially true if there is no registrant advocacy group in your state. In fact, consider networking with other registrants in your state to notify each other about bad bills.
How to search for state bills to call and write about:
- Go to LegiScan.com
- Scroll down to the National Legislative Search
- Select your state
- Type “sex” or any other words in the “Full Text Search” field
- Click the Search button
Don’t forget to keep an eye on federal bills too!
How to search for federal bills to call and write about:
- Go to congress.gov
- Click the dropdown box at the top of the page and select Legislation
- In the field next to that type “sex” or any other words
- Click the magnifying glass
Click here to see a list of support and advocacy groups that you can notify when you see a good or bad bill