Dear ACSOL members,
In less than two weeks, NARSOL and ACSOL together will be hosting the third annual “Halloween Conference Call and Cop Watch Marathon.”
Both NARSOL’s Larry Neely and ACSOL’s Janice Bellucci will be taking questions, reporting on the latest legal developments, and collecting live reports on troubling law enforcement activities around the nation to prohibit Halloween involvement by the families of people on the registry. Our goal is to have attorneys from all over the country participating in the call and willing to opine on the constitutionality of those policing efforts.
How Can You Help?
- Tell us about any special Halloween programs or policies being conducted by law enforcement in your town or locality that affect registered citizens who are noton supervision and/or their families.
- Let us know if you’re willing to call in to the marathon to report on conditions in your town or county.
- If you can do that, during which hour would you prefer? State in terms of Mountain time of either 5 pm, 6 pm, or 7 pm. You can actually call as early as 2 pm as the marathon starts at 5 pm eastern time, but the later three hours is when activity is more likely to be occurring in California.
- Tell your friends and associates about the Halloween Marathon. Free sign up is found here: https://secure.narsol.org/civicrm/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fevent%2Finfo&reset=1&id=354
- Give us the names of any attorneys you know who might be willing to participate in the call or to be on-call to offer their views on situations that relate to their areas of expertise or which occur within their jurisdictions.
- Send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to a fun, informative All Hallows Eve and truly appreciate your critical help in making this year’s Halloween Marathon a very successful event. See you there! These are the options for joining in:
The phone number is 605 313-5169, followed by 957605#. You may call in directly with a telephone or, if you have a speaker and microphone or a headset with a mic, you may access the call through your computer by going to https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/dialer and following the on-screen directions for inputting the number and the code. We will also live stream the call on You Tube. There won’t be any video, just an audio stream, so you can try this if you’d rather not call in. You can use your Roku or ChromeCast and have the call played over your TV.