ACSOL’s Conference Calls

Conference Call Recordings Online
Dial-in number: 1-712-770-8055, Conference Code: 983459

Monthly Meetings: Nov 21, Dec 19 – Details / Recordings

Emotional Support Group Meetings 2020 (Phone only)


Certificate of Rehabilitation Help for Veterans – San Jose

The Veteran’s Administration is sending over a Veterans lawyer. His name is Andy Chin to do the Certificate of Rehabilitation paperwork to any Hon. Discharged Veteran with a 288(a) conviction. He will see if the veteran meets all the requirements and if so will do the Certificate of Rehabilitation paperwork free of charge to the veteran on a first come first served basis.

He will be at the EHC Veteran Center at 2011 Little Orchard Street, San Jose, CA 95125 every Friday from 12:00 noon to 6 PM.

Sent in by a reader.

Join the discussion

  1. noname

    That is awesome news. Will they ever be down in San Diego sometime? I hope this will continue so that when I am in the position to apply I can use his services.

    • KathieG.

      You might contact the VA in San Diego and relate this to them, asking if such services will be offered.

  2. Bluewall

    What about Dishonorable? or Other than Honorable?

  3. mch

    I’m trying to verify if this is true, been on the VA, San Jose website and the EHC Veteran’s website and haven’t seen the information yet. I sen an email to the EHC director to verify. If so I’d like to follow up on this. Anybody out there that can verify?

  4. Andy Chen

    Hi everyone. This is Andy Chen, the lawyer mentioned in the post above. I started getting some California RSOL people stopping by yesterday and they mentioned my name was on this site so I thought I’d check it out.

    I volunteer at the EHC Lifebuilders shelter every Friday afternoon from 1 onwards. It is my own pro bono thing that I do. I’m not part of the VA, although many vets assume I am. The type of discharge doesn’t matter — in general, I don’t turn people away unless I absolutely have to. I will try not to charge, but if I get swamped, I might have to charge something since I do have my own expenses. I will generally let you know what it is you can do yourself, if anything.

    My website is I do travel sometimes for my regular cases, but no plans right now to travel to do free cases. Sorry. I am, however, very tech-savvy so if you can do stuff by phone, Skype, email, etc. that can work.


  5. Frank

    I was discharged from parole in 2001. May I now apply for a certificate of rehabilitation? I have had no charges of any type on my record since 1995.
    Thank you.

    Frank S.

  6. Bluewall

    I haven’t received a response by email from Andy.. he might be busy or this over all a pipe dream…

  7. DavidH

    Has anyone been working with Andy or have a contact? His website is no longer active it appears.

Leave a Reply

We welcome a lively discussion with all view points - keeping in mind...  
  • Your submission will be reviewed by one of our volunteer moderators. Moderating decisions may be subjective.
  • Please keep the tone of your comment civil and courteous. This is a public forum.
  • Please stay on topic - both in terms of the organization in general and this post in particular.
  • Please refrain from general political statements in (dis)favor of one of the major parties or their representatives.
  • Please take personal conversations off this forum.
  • We will not publish any comments advocating for violent or any illegal action.
  • We cannot connect participants privately - feel free to leave your contact info here. You may want to create a new / free, readily available email address.
  • Please refrain from copying and pasting repetitive and lengthy amounts of text.
  • Please do not post in all Caps.
  • If you wish to link to a serious and relevant media article, legitimate advocacy group or other pertinent web site / document, please provide the full link. No abbreviated / obfuscated links.
  • We suggest to compose lengthy comments in a desktop text editor and copy and paste them into the comment form
  • We will not publish any posts containing any names not mentioned in the original article.
  • Please choose a user name that does not contain links to other web sites
  • Please send any input regarding moderation or other website issues to moderator [at] all4consolaws [dot] org
ACSOL, including but not limited to its board members and agents, does not provide legal advice on this website.  In addition, ACSOL warns that those who provide comments on this website may or may not be legal professionals on whose advice one can reasonably rely.  

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *