May 22, 2012 – SB County Board of Supervisors directs County Counsel to research and return to the Board with a recommendation on an ordinance that restricts the activities of sex offenders on Halloween that reside within the unincorporated areas of the County.
From the Agenda:
Some of these restrictions include:
- Having a porch light on during usual “trick-or-treating” hours of 5 p.m. to Midnight on Halloween;
- Decorating their home for Halloween;
- Hosting a “haunted House” on their property;
- Handing out candy;
- Answering the door for anyone other than law enforcement;
- Participating in Halloween activities at homes that are not their own.