For years you may have wanted to attend ACSOL’s conference to get all that great information and infusion of hope, but couldn’t afford the travel or hotel costs.
This is your chance! The entire conference is being transmitted live through the Internet!
But your chance to attend live ends this Wednesday night! For technical reasons, anyone who signs up after Wednesday will not be able to attend live, although you and all other conference attendees will be emailed links to recordings of the conference.
You can watch and optionally participate in all panels at ACSOL’s 2020 online E.P.I.C. (Empowered People Inspiring Change) Conference, which is just a few weeks away!
The conference will be held on Saturday, October 10, and Sunday, October 11, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Alissa Ackerman: Restorative/Transformative Justice, and Minorities on the Registry
- Janice Bellucci: Proposed Federal SORNA Regulations
- Aaron Marcus: Legal Challenges to Pennsylvania’s Sex Offender Registry
- Justin Brooks: Wrongful Convictions in California
Breakout sessions with panels of experienced people you can learn from and ask questions:
- Becoming Empowered After Being Outed
- Grassroots Activism and Public
- All Except For: The Animus that Drives Exclusions in Criminal Justice Reform
- Domestic and International Travel
- Veterans and the Registry
- LGBTQ Issues
- Modifying Conditions of Parole, Probation, and Supervised Release
- Family Issues and How to Cope
- Stigma and the Registry
- Using Social Media.
- Caring for Loved Ones in a Toxic Social Environment
- California’s Tiered Registry
This is what attendees have said about our conference:
This was my second conference. Thank you for giving me courage, confidence and the inspiration to become more activist. – Rich
Great conference. So impressed by all of the great information and knowledgeable speakers. I had no idea so much was being done on our behalf. Really made a believer out of me. – Joe
Partial scholarships are available upon request. Scholarship requests should also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (818) 305-5984.