CALIFORNIA REGISTRANTS’ BILL OF RIGHTS – October 2015
- Freedom of Speech, Right to Assemble, Petition Government (1st Amendment)
- Freedom from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures (4th Amendment)
- Freedoms of Life, Liberty, Property, Due Process and Equal Protection (14th Amendment)
- Total of 31 Articles enumerating rights (Section 1)
- Includes freedom to fish in public waters (Section 1, Article 25)
CA Penal Code §290.46, Subsection L
(2) Except as authorized under paragraph (1) or any other provision of law, use of any information that is disclosed pursuant to this section for purposes relating to any of the following is prohibited:
(A) Health insurance.
(F) Education, scholarships, or fellowships.
(G) Housing or accommodations.
(H) Benefits, privileges, or services provided by any business establishment….
(4) (A) Any use of information disclosed pursuant to this section for purposes other than those provided by paragraph (1) or in violation of paragraph (2) shall make the user liable for the actual damages, and any amount that may be determined by a jury or a court sitting without a jury, not exceeding three times the amount of actual damage, and not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and attorney’s fees, exemplary damages, or a civil penalty not exceeding twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).
(B) Whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that any person or group of persons is engaged in a pattern or practice of misuse of the information available via an Internet Web site established
pursuant to this section in violation of paragraph (2), the Attorney General, any district attorney, or city attorney, or any person aggrieved by the misuse is authorized to bring a civil action in the appropriate court requesting preventive relief, including an application for a permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order, or other order against the person or group of persons responsible for the pattern or practice of misuse.
CALIFORNIA REFORM SEX OFFENDER LAWS
ACLU Building – 1313 West 8th Street – Los Angeles, CA 90017 – www.californiarsol.org
Print Version (Oct 2015)