ACSOL’s 3rd Annual Conference and Banquet
Together, One Voice
Show Up, Stand Up, Speak Up!
June 14-15, 2019
“One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it change a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.” – Pres. Barack Obama
ACSOL’s 3rd Annual Conference is coming June 14 and 15.
Save 10% on admission by signing up before April 15!
Los Angeles at the Southwestern Law School
3050 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Who’s Invited: Registrants, Families, Friends, Advocates, and Professionals
ACSOL’s 2019 conference will feature new speakers and presenters:
* Professor Eric Janus will educate us about surviving the registry
* Attorney Adele Nicholas will share motivational tales of legal victories
* Chance Oberstein will empower registrants with his personal story and efforts to free others from the registry
* Janice Bellucci will inspire us with heart and a call to action
* Guy Hamilton-Smith will teach us to create advantage from adversity
Conference panels offer practical solutions:
* A psychologist and member of the California Sex Offender Management Board will present on CASOMB’s work
* Hear experts’ strategies for coping, improving mental health, and increasing resources for registrants
* Learn about risk assessments and improving scores
* Practical solutions for surviving supervision (parole and probation)
* Advocating for yourself in everyday situations
* Challenges of incarceration
* LGBTQ issues and perspectives
* CA’s tiered registry
* Domestic and international travel
* Employment strategies
* Effective advocacy and lobbying
* Considerations in CP offenses
* Conference attendees will be encouraged to ask questions directly of our experts, to engage with other participants, and to steer the direction of the conference.
Come and make new friends, discuss the conference, and network with people who understand and care. Tickets available for $25 on the conference website
Dinner will be at The Dragon Restaurant, 966 Vermont Ave., Los Angeles
or click “ACSOL Conference” at the top of any of our pages on http://all4consolaws.org/