I thoroughly enjoyed attending last year’s conference because it gave me hope that others had successfully navigated the realities of being a registrant and gave me substantial and practical assistance in living with a 290 conviction.
This year is sure to be fantastic, as we will have wonderful speakers, great breakout sessions, and an opportunity to connect with other registrants over dinner on Friday evening.
Thank you Janice and ACSOL for putting together such a wonderful and meaningful gathering.
Dear registrants, family members and supporters,
Steven left last year’s conference full of hope.
You can also feel hope. Its not too late to sign up!
ACSOL’s annual conference is just 3 away on June 14 and 15.
Save $25 by signing up before June 1! The price goes up after that.
Click here to sign up now to make sure you get a seat! We aren’t just saying that, because we really were given a limit to the number of people who can be seated comfortably in the beautiful facility that hosts our conference.
Our theme is “Together, One Voice: Show up, Stand up, Speak up!”!
Our speakers will give you hope, plus a lot of useful information.
You will feel hope as you talk with other registrants and supporters.
If you need financial help to attend, we offer up to a 50% discount for those willing to serve as volunteer workers at the conference. Please email email@example.com your contact information.
To donate to our scholarship fund to help those in need attend the conference, go to the signup page (even if you have already signed up)
Change starts with knowledge, knowledge turns into power, and power impacts our world. Together we can drive change, in our families, in our communities, as well as in our local, state and Federal governments.
Los Angeles at the Southwestern Law School
3050 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Who’s Invited: Registrants, Families, Friends, Advocates, and Professionals
ACSOL’s 2019 conference will feature new speakers and presenters:
* Professor Eric Janus will educate us about surviving the registry
* Attorney Adele Nicholas will share motivational tales of legal victories
* Chance Oberstein will empower registrants with his personal story and efforts to free others from the registry
* Janice Bellucci will inspire us with heart and a call to action
* Guy Hamilton-Smith will teach us to create advantage from adversity
Conference panels offer practical solutions:
* A psychologist and member of the California Sex Offender Management Board will present on CASOMB’s work
* California’s Tiered Registry
* CP Issues
* Domestic & International Travel
* Effective Advocacy
* Employment Opportunities
* How to Cope
* LGBTQ issues
* Practical Solutions for Surviving Supervision
* Prison Issues Faced by Inmates
* Tension, Sigma, and Storytelling: Researchers and Anti-registry Activism
* The Advantage of Adversity
* Understanding Risk Assessments (E.g., Static 99-R)
* Why Suicide Prevention Efforts Must Include Registrants
* Conference attendees will be encouraged to ask questions directly of our experts, to engage with other participants, and to steer the direction of the conference.
Come and make new friends, discuss the conference, and network with people who understand and care. Tickets available for $25 on the conference website
Dinner will be at The Dragon Restaurant, 966 Vermont Ave., Los Angeles
or click “ACSOL Conference” at the top of any of our pages on http://all4consolaws.org/
We look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!