Source: Illinois Voices for Reform, Chicago 400
Illinois residents, we have a great opportunity to support legislation that would improve the lives of registrants and their loved ones, and we urgently need everyone’s help!
Our colleagues at the Chicago 400 have been hard at work on a bill that, if passed, would make the following changes to our harmful and wasteful registration and residency laws:
- reduce residential banishment zones to 250 feet;
- remove home daycares from the list of zones around which banishment zones are imposed;
- grandfather in existing residences so you can’t be kicked out of your home if someone establishes a new daycare near you;
- allow waiver of the registration fee for those who can’t pay;
- lower the penalties for failure to register.
Your state lawmakers need to hear from you! Please use this form to ask your legislators to support this bill.
Learn more about this important bill by clicking here to download a PDF.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Adele Nicholas, Executive Director
Illinois Voices for Reform
Wow!! That Bill is great news for IL registrants!! I really hope it will get the support it needs to succeed! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I’m right over the northern border of IL. I’ve approached our local news paper BDN which also covers Il. But they won’t run PSAs on bills like this. It’s no wonder though because even they have gone to a DDI version because they HAD TO! This bill seems like political suicide for any who’d support it.
This bill continues to look like it will be passed this year more and more. The most recent news came on April 26 when there was a Senate Special Committee on Criminal Law and Public Safety. Wish I knew more on the meeting.